Three Points Public Shooting Range rules
In addition to the basic rules of safe gun handling, the following safety and operational policies are in effect at TRC:
The Rangemaster is the final authority for interpreting and enforcing all range rules.
1. You may be removed from the range for violating any range rule.
2. If you observe an unsafe situation, immediately call for an emergency cease fire. Immediately comply with any emergency cease fire.
3. Wear eye and ear protection during all firing periods while on or near the firing line.
4. Before going forward of the firing line for any reason you must first arrange a cease fire with all shooters on the range.
5. Make your firearms safe before anyone goes downrange. Do not handle any firearms in any manner when anyone is downrange.
5a. Safe Rifle: Open the action and insert an Empty Chamber Indicator. Remove detachable magazines or completely empty fixed magazines. Place the rifle on a table, the ground, or in a rack and do not touch it in any way during the cease fire.
5b. Safe Pistol: Open the action on unholstered pistols and insert an Empty Chamber Indicator. Remove the magazine or empty the cylinder. Place the pistol on a table or the ground and do not touch it in any way during the cease fire.
6. All uncased or unholstered firearms must be unloaded, action open, ECI inserted when off the firing line. Do not carry any uncased firearm with a closed action off the firing line. Load your firearm only while on the firing line during active firing periods.
7. Personal protection handguns must remain holstered at all times when off the firing line.
8. Shoot only from established firing lines. Firing lines are indicated by a painted red line. Your muzzle must be above or beyond the firing line while firing.
9. Shoot straight downrange at right angles to your target. Shooting across the range is prohibited.
10. Shoot only at approved targets at approved distances. Steel targets must be approved by the Rangemaster. Targets made of glass, plastic, and similar materials are prohibited.
11. Do not leave brass or trash on the range. Pick it up and place it in the appropriate containers.
12. Full Auto and .50BMG use is restricted. See Rangemaster for details.
13. Use of alcohol or controlled substances is prohibited.
14. Armor Piercing, Tracer, and Incendiary Ammunition are prohibited.
16. Do not climb on any of the dirt berms surrounding the ranges.
17. Use caution, particularly near outbuildings and dumpsters, to avoid the poisonous snakes, lizards, and insects which live on the range.More information wrt range rules can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page and on our ByLaws page.